Revolutionary Energy-Efficient Home Technology and Design
When it comes to building your next home, you’ve decided that achieving optimal energy-efficiency is a priority. You want a home that reflects all of your desires: energy-efficient, budget-friendly, stunningly designed.
To start, you want a contemporary home that exceeds the standards of average which means not only improving the quality of your living environment but also having an extremely profound impact on the environment too. You've read that one of the best ways to accomplish this is to incorporate intelligent energy-efficient home technology into the construction of the house. However, you need to know specifically what to look for and where to look which results in two questions:
- What is energy-efficient home technology?
- What features best suit my lifestyle?
What is Energy-Efficient Home Technology?
Energy-efficient home technology is a comprehensive term used to describe the techniques and tools used to create—as well as manage—a home that maximizes the efficient use of energy while minimizing waste. The inclusion of Energy Star-rated appliances that require less energy to run and, therefore, less money to operate was the height of efficient energy tech for the home in the past. Solar panels and water recycling systems were available too, but less understood by the homebuying public and even less affordable. And most of these options were the responsibility of homeowners to add to a house after it was built.
In recent years, however, some home builders have started engineering their homes to be energy-efficient at the start of construction. Companies like Dvele are revolutionizing the prefab home industry by pushing the standards of what it means to live a healthy life. From the materials they choose to the systems they implement within the home's structure, these innovative builders are hoping to make energy-efficient home technology an industry-standard by making it company policy.
Energy-Efficient Features to Look For
When selecting a company to build your carefully designed energy-efficient home, you want a team of trusted engineers that can deliver your dream home. Like yourself, we prioritize what it means to be energy-efficient which is why we have created a list of some of the most prominent considerations that need to be considered when it comes to efficiency.
- An airtight building envelope that prevents warm or cool air from leaking out of the house and from seeping in from the outside. This prevents the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system from overworking just to maintain indoor temperature.
- Double-paned windows pressure-filled with gas to create an almost impenetrable vacuum. This further strengthens the barrier between the interior and exterior of the home, reducing temperature swings, moisture, and high electric bills.
- Continuous mineral-based insulation that utilizes six points of contact throughout the house—including beneath the floors—to eliminate any gaps and lessen the transfer of heat. Mineral-based insulation is made from recycled rocks, which has the added benefit of being non-toxic.
- An HVAC system that circulates air by drawing it in from each room, then pumping it back out after it's been cleaned. Recycling filtered indoor air is not only less demanding on an HVAC system, but it's also less threatening to the health of your lungs.
- A temperature control panel that allows you to manage—even shut off—the air and heat going to individual rooms.
- Radiant heating that warms multiple surfaces such as the floor, ceiling, walls, and even your counters to the same temperature. With every element in the home evenly supplied with heat, no room's warmth is drawn away by cold surfaces.
- An all-electric home that comes solar and backup battery ready to reduce dependence on the grid. The addition of solar panels can supply 100% of the energy required to power the home, creating grid independence and putting more money in your pockets.
With these features in place, you can be assured your home is doing its part to help the environment. But how do you select the right home builder?
How Modular Homes are Pushing the Standards in Energy-Efficient Home Technology
You deserve a home developer that prioritizes energy-efficiency and has a dedicated team that is committed to strategically engineering homes that are redefining what it means to live in an environmentally friendly home. Dvele, a California-based modern home developer, is doing just that.
Prefabricated modular home companies not only employ sustainable construction methods, like using reclaimed wood and precast concrete, but they also voluntarily engineer their homes to meet Passive House Certification standards. That means each home they produce has the potential to use only as much energy as it creates. Some are designed to use less. These companies even pay to have their homes tested to ensure they run as efficiently as possible.
In Dvele homes, you'll also find a wall-mounted digital display that not only monitors the performance of all the systems in the house but also notifies you when there is a serious problem or when you might want to make an adjustment. Dvele will also track this data to ensure the continuous quality of your home, and perform maintenance when requested.
The proactive home automation system can also lock the doors, dim the lights, and adjust the temperature based on what it's learned about a certain occupant's behavior or, of course, at your specific direction. This stunningly sophisticated and strategically automated process streamlines the time you spend managing the home and further increases its energy-efficiency. Lights are no longer left on after you leave for the office and the A/C won't be running while you're away on vacation.
However, don't think that just because the construction of a prefab home places a high priority on integrating energy-efficient home technology that its design can't also be beautiful. In fact, part of what makes Dvele a trending leader in the home development space is due to the fact that their carefully thought out designs are as elegant as they are efficient. They're also some of the most durable homes on the market.
Intelligent Designs for Maximum Efficiency and Luxury
When you elevate what you value in a home, it's possible to increase the quality of life for you and your family—particularly when you make energy-efficiency a priority. By reducing your energy consumption, you save money, time, and resources. And, now more than ever, having a positive impact on the planet is critical.
Maximizing your home's efficiency is simple, yet sophisticated when it's combined with energy-efficient home technology that is predictive, proactive, and protective of your health and that of the home's. Few homes combine these traits more elegantly than the prefabricated homes built by Dvele. Intelligently designed with the dreams you hold for your family and the planet in mind, Dvele's homes aren't just a luxury to live in - they create a standard to live by.
Start enjoying the benefits of a revolutionary energy-efficient home by customizing your own Dvele home. Learn more about how you can save energy and help the planet with a prefabricated home from Dvele by contacting our team.